When it comes to building your name in the music industry knowing how to build your brand strategy is extremely important. Labels want to sign musicians who have a clear message that they can easily see. Just as fans are more likely to follow people they can relate to. Although we may not realize it, most musicians we love have worked on their brand and have strategically put it out there.
In order to build your brand strategy you have to know where to start:
- Get with your band if you are one or spend some time yourself figuring out how you define your brand
- What are the themes of your work?
- What values are most important to you as an artist?
- What inspires you?
- How would you describe your personal style?
- How do you want your audience to describe your live show
- Define your target audience
- Plan your social media posts & keep them consistent
- Build your brand outreach
- Get free press coverage
- Always get feedback and monitor your brand
- Continue to be yourself
Use these tools to help you build your brand strategy as they can be of extreme help for when it comes to building your fan base and getting signed by a label.