Building your fan base is extremely important. Although there are numerous ways to via social media, another way to is through a brand partnership. This can be getting your music on a commercial, working with a specific brand to promote them on your social platforms, getting paid to speak about a product or more.
How does a brand partnership come your way? Nowadays with social media and the internet, there are numerous ways to build a brand partnership as an artist. Here’s how to prepare for a brand partnership:
- Make sure that if you are a band or as a musician working with a team, that you know who is in charge of decisions, how the profit will be divided and who owns the copyright.
- Make sure you register the copyrights to your works. This is important as no one else can claim the rights and you can financially benefit.
- Know your agreements with other parties. Who else will be getting a commission from your music? How is your money going to be divided?
- Register your music with PRO and SoundExchange. This makes sure your music is accurate, up to date and ensures that you get royalties from all programs playing your promotion.
- Make sure a lawyer goes over your contract so you know what you’re getting into!
Now that you know how to prepare for the brand partnership, how do you get it?
These days you can reach out to brands via email or on social media. This works vice versa as well if they want to reach out to you. From here the first thing you want to make sure of is the authenticity that your music has with the brand. Does this collaboration make sense?
You’ll want to make sure how this can then benefit you more than simply financially. Where will this be, how will it grow your name and fan base?
Next, what is the passion beyond the music? What can you bring that is more than just music. Can you bring a new demographic for them?
How can the brand partnership go with the musicians fans? How do the fans also benefit from the experience?
Don’t just think this opportunity, let the brand know what you can bring long term to this partnership. Develop an everlasting relationship that will get you the absolute most out of this brand partnership.
Come in with a multitude of ideas! Let the brand know you are bringing a ton to the table for this partnership.
Get ready for your brand partnership and many more to come!