Have inspiration for a song at 5 AM? Need a way to get your thoughts out and recorded but can’t afford tons of studio time? Don’t worry, it’s 2018 and making your own recording studio has never been easier.
Being able to record your music is an opportunity not many musicians always had. Not too long ago many musicians didn’t have the technology we have today to make an easy in-home studio that could make quality music. These days with not too [money] much spent you can build your own recording studio and jump start your career.
Let’s get started with building the recording studio:
- Choose the location you want your studio to be in. Is it an extra room where you live? A friends house or a place you have easy access to? As you’re putting the time and money into your studio make sure you have the access you want so that you can record whenever you find best.
- Make sure all the cracks are sealed. You don’t want extra noise leaking into the music you’re making. This will also help soundproof your room so that others don’t have to hear everything, another plus you can be as loud as you’d like.
- Cover the room- this comes close to sealing up the cracks, but just another way to make sure your acoustics are perfect. If you need a cheap way to do this, we’ve got you covered.
- Diffuse the sound:
- You can add furniture to the room
- Carpeting helps a lot. If you have wood floors, you can easily get a carpet that doesn’t need to be installed.
Now you have the studio built you can go ahead and get all the equipment you need:
- Start with a computer and the recording software you’ll want to use. Head here to find software on your budget that you’d want to use.
- Purchase and install an audio interface and audio mixer
- Grab yourself studio headphones (so you can hear everything back), monitors and a good microphone
With everything complete, your recording studio is ready for you to get to it and start making music whenever you feel inspired.